The Gorton Street Practice and NHS Blackpool Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) have mutually agreed to end the contract at the end of September 2017 and therefore the practice will be closing on Friday 30 September 2017.
You will have received a letter in July to notify you of this and advise of the steps you need to take to register at a another GP practice.
If you have not already registered you/your family with another GP, it is important that you now do so as soon as possible.
There are a number of practices which you will be able to choose from.
What should you do?
Please do not worry. Our priority is to make sure that you have continued access to high quality GP services. All the practices in Blackpool are taking new patients and you will be able to choose one that is most convenient for you.
Simply visit the practice of your choice and let them know that you wish to register there. They will then ask you to fill out some simple forms about you and your medical history.
The following practices are the closest to Gorton Street Practice:
- Elizabeth Street Surgery – located on Elizabeth Street – 0.06 miles away.
- Adelaide Street Surgery – located on Adelaide Street – 0.37 miles away.
- South King Street – located on South King Street – 0.38 miles away.
- St Paul’s Medical Centre – located at the back of the Hilton Hotel on the promenade – 0.66 miles away.
- Marton Medical Centre – located within the Whitegate Health Centre, on Whitegate Drive – 0.68 miles away.
- Glenroyd Medical Centre – located on Whitegate Drive – 0.68 miles away.
- Layton Medical Centre – located on Kingscote Drive off St Walburgas Road – 0.75 miles away.