Blackpool Council Volunteers Team
Blackpool Council Volunteer Team provides various volunteer opportunities in the community which provides help and support to the carers and local day centres in Blackpool.
We aim to recruit and support volunteers from all backgrounds and different ages (over 16 years) and with different interests to help us to meet the needs of those we support. We match individuals to appropriate roles depending on their interests and what they have to offer.
Volunteers make our services extra special. They can often relate to people on a more personal level because they are giving their time to help.
Volunteers can make a difference to the lives of carers and those they care for. We provide a service for people from the age of 18 with various needs and disabilities.
Even if you only have two hours to spare, you can share your skills, knowledge, leisure time and friendship with the others in your local community. If you are patient, reliable and have a genuine interest in people you have much to offer us.
We offer you:
- free training - induction and relevant ongoing training to meet individual needs
- support on an individual and group basis
- opportunities to meet other volunteers at meetings and social events
- opportunities to share and gain skills and experience
- flexibility in when and where you volunteer
- travel and out of pocket expenses
Volunteer roles include:
- Sitting Service Volunteers
- Out & About Volunteers
- Volunteer Drivers
- Activity Support Volunteers
- Meet and Greet Volunteers
- Syrian Befriending Service
Please contact the service on the contact details provided below for more information, and forms.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Volunteers Team
- 01253 476884
Where to go
- The Phoenix Centre
- FY1 6RN
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- 7 days a week
- Time of day
- Session Information
From 2 hours per session