Foundation for people with learning difficulties
The foundation for people with learning difficulties seeks to influence government and local authority policies and services so that they better meet the needs of people with learning disabilities, their families and carers.
We also raise awareness of learning disability issues amongst the wider public, in order to breakdown stigma and discrimination.
We aim to break down the economic and social barriers and prejudices that people with learning disabilities face throughout their lives, as well as providing information, resources and services that can help them lead fuller, more independent lives.
Central to our work is our involvement of people with learning disabilities, their families and carers themselves. Their insight, advice and experiences is crucial to the research we undertake to inform our policy, public information and service improvement work.
We work with people with learning disabilities, their families and the people who support them.
- We carry out research and projects that help people be included
- We support local people and services to include people with learning disabilities
- We improve services for people with learning disabilities
- We spread knowledge and information.
Who to contact
- General enquiries: 020 7803 1100
- Foundation website
Where to go
- Colechurch House
1 London Bridge Walk
- SE1 2SX