Safeguarding Children with Complex Needs Team
The Safeguarding Children with Complex Needs Team comprises a Team Manager, Practice Development Manager, four full time Social Workers and a full time Social Work Assistant. We work with children and young people from the age of 0 – 18 that have the following identified needs:
- A severe or profound learning disability
- A severe physical disability
- A substantial degree of visual impairment/moderate and severe hearing loss.
- A complex Autistic Spectrum Condition with a learning difficulty.
- A complex medical health condition, including:- Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, HIV/AIDS or severe disfigurement.
We work with all children, families and young people identified across level three and four on the Pan Lancashire Continuum of Need. Social Workers complete Child and Family Assessments to identify both needs and strengths of the family, including services that are available to meet these.
The team provides support for children:
- Under Section 17, Child in Need. This also includes short break care package of support, for example commissioned services and overnight respite.
- Subject to Child Protection Plans, pre proceedings and care proceedings.
- Looked after children with a care plan of permanence.
When young people reach the age of transition they are supported by the team and a transition worker to ensure that appropriate services are identified and in place before the coming of their 18th Birthday.
Who to contact
- 01253 477672
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Thursday 9am - 5pm Friday 9am - 4.30pm
To make a referal to the team please contact the Duty Officer - details below
- Contact Name
- Duty Officer
- Contact Telephone
- 01253 477299
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
Early Years (3-4 years)
Secondary (11-15 years)
Primary (5-10 years)
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type