Happy-Talk Speech and Language Therapy
"Happy-Talk" supports local children and young people who have speech, language and communication difficulties by providing assessment, therapy, reports, programmes and guidance in the child's home, nursery, school or "Happy-Talk" centre.
They also provide:
- School based speech and language therapy services
- Workshops for parents such as Hanen's "It Takes Two to Talk", "More than Words".
- Training for practitioners in schools and nurseries, either bespoke or certificate and accredited training such as ICAN's "Talk Boost", ICAN "Early Talk", ELKLAN courses.
- Screening programmes for Children's Centres, nurseries and schools
- Interventions for settings, i.e. whole school interventions to support pupils speech, language and communication needs.
- Free "awareness raising" presentations
- Web-based support for families and practitioners
Who to contact
Where to go
- Layton Hill Nursery,
55 Carr Gate
- FY5 1LB
Happy Talk Ltd are based at Layton Hill Nursery in Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire. Our Team deliver speech and language therapy support across North Lancashire and South Cumbria.
We can see children at the centre in Cleveleys or in the child's home, nursery or school anywhere within North Lancashire and South Cumbria.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm
- Time of day
We are a local, reputable and experienced specialist team of Speech and Language Therapists.
The Happy Talk Team work together to offer you over 134 years of combined experience in supporting children and young people with speech, language and communication difficulties. We have extensive experience of providing "Universal", "Targeted" and "Specialist" Speech and Language Therapy Services.
We are committed to collaborative working in partnership with families and professional colleagues. We are here to support children and young people living across the North West, including Lancashire and South Cumbria who have speech, language, social and communication difficulties.
Our team comprises specialist, highly specialist and principal speech and language therapists who work together to share their skills, knowledge and experience to support the children and young people referred to our service.
Some of the specialisms within the team include:
- Prevention / Promotion- Enriching all children's speech, language and communication skills.
- Speech, language and communication difficulties arising from developmental conditions including general developmental delay, genetic conditions, Autism and Cerebral Palsy.
- Phonological delay
- Phonological disorders
- Language Delay
- Specific Language Disorder
- Eating and drinking difficulties in children
- Social Communication Difficulties
We have qualified Speech and Language Therapists trained to deliver parent programmes aiming to empower families to help with their child’s speech, language and communication needs. We have many years of experience in delivering Accredited and Certificate Courses to those practitioners who work with children and young people.
Happy Talk undertakes audits of professional standards of practice and performance. All staff have enhanced DBS checks, (Disclosure and Barring Service) are members of the Health and Care Professions Council and the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
- Contact Name
- Gillian White
- Contact Telephone
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
Early Years (3-4 years)
Secondary (11-15 years)