Children's Speech & Language Therapy Drop In - Thornton Neighbourhood Centre
The aim of the Speech and Language Therapist is to help the child or young person to reach their full potential by providing assessment, diagnosis and intervention through programmes of activities, individual or group therapy and advice and support.
Speech and Language Therapists work with children who have difficulties with any aspect of speech, language or communication development.
This might include:
- Children who are taking longer than expected to learn to talk
- Children with limited vocabulary, who struggle to form sentences, or who get their words and sentences muddled up
- Children who find it difficult to understand what others are saying
- Children who struggle to communicate socially with others
- Children who struggle to say certain sounds or make themselves understood
- Children who stammer
- Children who have problems with their voice
Who to contact
Where to go
- Thornton Neighbourhood Centre
- FY5 4JP
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Check with us for dates
- Time of day
- Session Information
Drop in is open 1pm until 2.30pm
Appointments are not necessary but you may need to wait to be seen.
Children need to be accompanied by parent.
- Local Offer Age Bands
Early Years (3-4 years)
Secondary (11-15 years)
Primary (5-10 years)
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type