Patient Cancer Care Improvement (PCCI) Group
Each month, senior commissioners and clinicians from all three organisations meet to discuss where improvements in cancer care and services can be made – this is the Fylde coast cancer steering group.
The PCCI Group meets bi-monthly at NHS Fylde and Wyre CCG in Wesham and the group’s chairperson now also sits on the steering group. So far, the group has been asked to provide feedback on referral letters and end of treatment packs.
A ‘virtual’ PCCI Group is also being set up as an extension of the main group where people can give views and feedback via email. If anybody who has been affected by cancer would like to join, they can email email@example.com.
NHS Fylde and Wyre Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is the organisation responsible for planning and buying health services in the area to meet patients’ needs. This is known as ‘commissioning’.
- Led by family doctors (GPs), the CCG currently serves a population of 152,000 people across approximately 320 sq km of coast and countryside. The majority live in the urban towns of Fleetwood, Thornton, Poulton-le-Fylde, Kirkham and Lytham St Annes, but a significant proportion live in rural villages.
- The CCG receives a set amount of money from the government and is committed to spending this wisely for the benefit of local people.
- Giving you more choice is a priority of the modern NHS. More information is available at fyldeandwyreccg.nhs.uk/choice
- The NHS Constitution sets out your rights as an NHS patient: nhs.uk/choiceintheNHS/Rightsandpledges/NHSConstitution/Pages/Overview.aspx
- There are many ways to get involved in health service developments, including joining our Influence membership scheme or your practice’s patient participation group.
For more information about the CCG and how to get involved log onto www.fyldeandwyreccg.nhs.uk
Who to contact
- 01253 300000