Lancashire Children and Family Wellbeing Service
The Children and Family Wellbeing Service, previously children's centres and Young People's Service, provide services to help with parenting and other support you may need.
We support families of children and young people from 0-19 years old and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities up to 25.
Some of this will be in groups and some of this will be with individuals.
Some of the services are available to all children or families and others are for those who are in most need of support.
We offer different services across a range of locations to meet the needs of the local community including:
- Support for individual children, young people or their families
- Health services – ranging from health visitors to breastfeeding
- Parenting advice for mums, dads and carers
- Activities and groups where your baby, toddler or child can play and learn
- A place to pick up Healthy Start vitamins and tablets
- Advice to help you to support your child’s learning from birth
- A great place to make new friends
- Connecting with the local community
- Access to specialist support for families with children with disabilities/additional needs
- Groups for expectant mums and dads
- Advice and guidance on how to keep you and your child healthy
- Sensory rooms
- Information about local childcare
- Groups for young people to attend
- Advice for young people
- Help to access adult learning opportunities
- Advice on jobs, training and benefits
- Opportunities for volunteering