PANDA - People's Awareness of Neurological Disorders Association
At PANDA we believe that we can bring a sense of empowerment to all families experiencing and living with a neurological disorder. PANDA recognises that every person is a unique individual and is deserving of the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Our aim is to offer support and provide a dedicated, and personal service to all our families, whilst maintaining and promoting awareness of Neurological disorders for our future generations.
We don't just support individuals and carers we support the whole family ensuring parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles are cared for too.
P.A.N.D.A have acknowledged that living with a neurological condition affects not only the person living with it but also their parents, carers, extended family, including siblings, grandparents, aunt's and uncle's, and close family friends. We aim to:
Promote Awareness by:
- Establishing links within medical field to obtain up to date information.
- Raising the profile of various neurological conditions by sharing the experiences of those living with these conditions through our website and facebook group.
- Producing reading materials to be displayed in a variety of community locations.
- Holding fun days and special events, creating interactions between families living with neurological conditions and others within the community.
- Taking part in fundraising events to generate funds and interest in our organisation, helping us finance our mission to improve the lives of families living with neurological disorders.
Provide Support by:
- Working with families of all ages whom are living with a form of neurological disorder.
- Offering emotional support to our families with all aspects of their daily lives.
- Allowing families to have their own voice and opinion on how our funds are spent, so that we can offer the very best level of care for our service users.
- Sign posting to other agencies and organisations that can offer help and support.
- Providing opportunities for families to correspond and meet others living with similar experiences, this will be achieved through family forums, group meetings, special events and family days out.
- Sign posting other organisations whom offer services which may be beneficial to our families in order to provide the best possible care for them. Providing links to organisations who can assist with financial matters, benefits, housing, medical supplies, nurseries and education.
Our events include disability friendly disco's, disability friendly movie screenings, coffee mornings, arts and crafts workshops, sensory stay and play groups, book clubs and reading groups (for all ages and abilities), drama and dance workshops, and life skills workshops. There is something to suit any age or ability.
Many of the events and services that we run are completely free and we never charge for carers attendance to events we host ourselves.
All of our staff are fully DBS Checked and are supervised at all times by a qualified healthcare professional. We invest heavily into training our volunteers to a high standard ensuring that we provide the best and safest service possible.
Who to contact
- 07592 181086
- PANDA Website
Where to go
- PR1 8HJ
- Local Offer Age Bands
Early Years (3-4 years)
Secondary (11-15 years)
Primary (5-10 years)
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type