LOOK-UK - supporting families living with visual impairment
LOOK-UK supports young people and families living with a vision impairment
We’re a small national charity. We exist purely and simply to improve the lives of visually impaired children and their families.
We do this by creating opportunities for families to connect with each other, signposting to vital information and services, and ultimately removing barriers so visually impaired children can fulfil their potential.
Are you a young person up to the age of 29 and have a vision impairment, or are you a parent of a vision impaired child? Then we want to hear from you.
LOOK is here to help you improve your self-confidence, develop skills and make new connections.
WE do this through:
- LOOK Mentoring project – become a mentor or find a mentor.
- LOOK Skype chat groups – connect with others and share experiences.
- LOOK youth forums – make new friends and exchange ideas.
- LOOK voices – get your voice heard and become part of our creative team. We are looking for bloggers, vloggers and, for our podcasts, roving reporters.
- LOOK leadership events – come and broaden your horizons.
We support young people to:
- Feel listened to and understood
- Gain independence, life skills and training
- Learn to work as a team
- Improve wellbeing
- Develop confidence and resilience.
- Make connections
Who to contact
Where to go
- LOOK National Office
c/o The Royal National College For The Blind
- HR1 1DT