Rainbow Trust Children's Charity
Who to contact
Where to go
- Rainbow Trust Children's Charity
White Cross Business Centre
Office 5-2-6 The Gatehouse, South Road
- LA1 4XQ
This venue is administrative only, e.g. for referrals.
Support is provided in family homes and in the community, with drop-in groups at various times and venues. Please contact Sean Tansey for more details.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Support is generally available from Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm, frequency and duration depending on family choice and needs.
- Time of day
- Session Information
Rainbow Trust operates a 24-hour service for families in crisis
which includes a 24-hour dedicated on call number
and the possibility of extended hours of family support during weekdays and weekends.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
- Other notes
Rainbow Trust pairs each family with a dedicated expert Family Support Worker. Services are tailored to the individual needs of each family member, including the sick child, parents, siblings, grandparents and extended family. Support includes:
- Providing short breaks for the sick child and siblings, which may include drop-in groups, family days, trips out or fun activities at home
- Spending time with the ill child at hospital or home
- Accompanying and supporting parents and their child during clinic and hospital visits; providing transport to hospital
- Helping maintain normality in the home by working with and caring for siblings, to ensure usual activities are continued
- Siblings may be supported through one-to-one sessions, help getting to school or with homework, regular sibling groups and school holiday events and activities
- Providing practical support with household chores to help families manage day to day life
- Providing emotional support
- Providing end-of-life care and bereavement support