Transition from childhood to adulthood: The Care Act
The Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) is a leading improvement support agency and independent charity, working with the care and support sector in the UK. They co-produce their work with people who use services and carers.
SCIE has developed the following resources to help local authority staff, social workers, young people and carers to plan for the transition to adult care services:
- Transition from children’s to adults’ services - early identification: Examples of what local authorities are doing to identify young people who are not currently receiving support from children’s services, but are likely to have care and support needs as an adult.
- Adult carers of young people in transition: How to support adult carers of a young person in transition from children’s to adults’ services. Includes information on rights, choices, assessment processes.
- Young carers in transition: How to support young carers as they become adults. Includes information on rights, choices, assessment processes.
- Video diaries: Young carers share their personal experiences of caring for a sibling or parent.
- Transition from children’s to adults’ services – key resources: This pulls together all the existing resources, policy documents and initiatives that relate to transition from children’s to adults’ services.
Who to contact
Where to go
First floor, Kinnaird House
1 Pall Mall East
- SW1Y 5BP