Skip to main content

Adults Care and Support



Browse by category

Social care for adults - assessments and referrals

A social care assessment is a way of exploring the difficulties you may have with day to day life and how these difficulties can be overcome.

Blackppol Council - for residents in Blackpool
Adult social care 

Lancashire Counicl for residents in Fylde and Wyre
Adult social care

Care Homes and Care in your own home

If you are thinking about moving into residential or nursing care, either temporarily or permanently you can ask social services to carry out an assessment.

An assessment will help us to understand what kind of care you need. You can find out further information about Nursing care and paying for care 

Caring for somebody

We use the term carer to describe someone who provides unpaid care and support for a partner, relative or friend who has a disability, illness, mental health or memory loss. The person who is cared for would not be able to manage day to day living without this care and support. In Blackpool there are more than 16,000 people who provide unpaid care for another person.

If you are a carer you are entitled to a carers assessment. There is no charge for a carers assessment and you can request an assessment using the online referral form or telephone us.