Skip to main content

Blackpool- Children & Families

You can find details about the support available.

If you live in the North West and want to know more about adopting or fostering a child, start the conversation by calling us on 01253 477888 or alternatively, please Request a Free Callback.

If you are a foster carer looking for advice and support for a child in your care, or you want to find out more about fostering, you can call the confidential fostering advice service Fosterline on 0800 040 7675, 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.

The first step towards adopting a child is to contact your local authority's adoption team or a voluntary adoption agency, see Consortium of Voluntary Adoption Agencies' (CVAA) to ask for information and procedures. You can find an adoption agency near you through First4Adoption.

From the term after your child turns two, he or she might be able to have up to 15 hours per week free flexible childcare, for 38 weeks per year. This is called the Free Early Education Entitlement.

Please check you are eligible here. If you meet the eligibility critera please complete an application online

If you need further assistance with childcare places, please contact us on 01253 477854.

All three and four year olds have the opportunity to access 570 hours per year of free childcare provision. This can be taken as 15 hours per week for 38 weeks per year or can be spread over more weeks by taking fewer hours per week.

Children will receive a free entitlement place from the term after their third birthday.

You will need to choose an eligible provider and agree attendance days and times. The provider will give you a registration form that you will need to complete in order that they can claim the appropriate funding from Blackpool Council.

If you need further assistance with childcare places, please contact us on 01253 477854.

For working parents an extended offer is available to give upto 30 hours free childcare. To qualify both parents need to be working (or sole parent for lone parent family) and each parent earns a weekly minimum wage or living wage and less than £100,000 per year.

If you think you are eligible for the extended hours offer you can apply and check your eligiblity online

You should apply the term before you wish your eligiblity to start.

30 hours Helpline Desk- 0300 123 4097

Foster Carers will also be able to access the 30 hours for 3 and 4 year old children in their care if they are working outside of their role as a foster caer and if it is apporopriate for the child.  You will need to apply through the local authority who is responsible for the child in foster care.

Back to top