Local offer - early years - child development
If you are worried about your child's development, speak to one of the professionals already involved with your familly.
This could be ...
- your GP
- your health visitor
- your child's nursery nurse
- your child's childminder
- the SENCO at your child's school
If your child is already attending school, you may wish to look at the school's entry on this website, so that you understand what they might be able to help with, before you speak to someone else
There is a broad range of services available for families with a child or children who have a disability or additional need, aged 0 to 5 years of age.
Early Years Quality & Inclusion Team (0-5 years)
● Provide advice and guidance for Early Years providers eg nurseries and childminders, to give the right learning opportunities for all children, including children needing extra support.
● Through the Portage Service, we support the development of children’s play, communication, relationships and full participation in day to day life.
● We have Advisory Teachers and support workers that visit Early Years Providers.
● We provide a home visiting educational service for pre-school children with additional support needs and their families.
● We work in partnership with other professionals.
● When children start school, we work with early years providers, schools and other professionals involved to help ensure a smooth start.
How we get involved:
● Early Years providers contact the SEND team
● Portage referrals usually start with a Health Visitor, Speech and Language Therapist or Paediatrician.